From June 2021 till October 2022
Building wireframes for CultureMoves minimum viable product and designing and developing digital documents for our clients using Figma, Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Creating JamStack Web applications and APIs,
- Building on the Azure cloud platform, using CosmosDB, Microsoft Graph, and Typescript backend server-less functions.
- Developing front end interfaces using Svelte integrations with backend systems.
Victoria Legal Aid
From July 2020 till June 2021
Working as a service designer for the Digital Legal Aid team, to deliver digital products to aid Victoria Legal Aid (VLA). Worked on CaPP, a green-fields case and client management system, as well as Help Before Court, a recent, highly acclaimed public facing client intake service.
- Low and high fidelity wireframes and prototypes
- Creating user journey maps, service blueprints and other design artefacts
- Running co-design workshops
- Conducting user testing sessions
- Design discovery and identifying user needs through a variety of research methods
- Working in an agile environment with practitioners from a variety of fields including business analysts, data analysts, developers, project managers, and of course legal practitioners.
Contract Design Researcher
From October 2019 till December 2019
I worked as a Design Researcher on the LGBTIQ Legal Service website project with Paper Giant. Responsibilities include:
- Designing and facilitating research and co-design workshops
- Synthesising changes from user research
- Developing information architecture
- Producing wireframes, high fidelity prototypes.
Gender Diverse Consultant
Escape Velocity Project (Collaboration between Minus18 and St Martins youth theatre)
From June 2018 till August 2019
Worked with young gender diverse people to help develop and produce a digital campaign to raise awareness around difficulties trans and gender diverse people experience in accessing public services and exisiting in public spaces.
From July 2018 till December 2018
- Maintained and repaired 3D printers and soldering stations
- Helped Students with preparing models for printing, using the printers themselves, and managing their expectations.
Service Design Melbourne, Design and Ethics Committee
Since January 2022previously
Since January 2019
I’m part of the Design and Ethics committee, helping develop and facilitate discussions and workshops with practitioners on the intersections between industry and practice, and the ethical areas we deal with.
Organisational Committee for Civic Makers Meetup
Code for Australia
From January 2019 till December 2019
Helped organise and facilitate the Civic Makers meetup which is a collection of practitioners from various fields who have a keen interest in grassroots design and improving civic services.
Bachelor of Industrial Design Honours
From March 2014 till December 2018
Graduated with first class honours. Specialised in conceptual design, service design, digital interaction design, human computer interface design, systems design and inclusive human centred product design.
Certificate IV in Screen and Media
From January 2013 till December 2013
Film planning, production, and editing.
- Diverse communicator
- Leadership and team management
- User testing
- Works well in teams and independantly
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Familiar with design thinking and agile methods
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Animate, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, XD)
- Rhino, Solidworks, Fusion 360
- Blender and Cinema4D
- HTML, CSS
- React, Bootstrap, and Svelte UI Frameworks
- Some SQL and backend web development knowledge
I’m a designer/maker/programmer living in Melbourne. I design and build, systems and tools that support helpers and those they help. The focus of my work is in making services and systems more accessible for people from diverse and marginalised backgrounds, and through inclusive design practices and principles improve services and systems for everyone. I’m passionate about working with complex social and technical systems, and finding ways to simplify them, or new angles to engage and transform them. I’m a generalist who’s great at picking up new skills and jumping into new problem spaces. Furthermore, I also have a critical, analytical eye and take nothing for granted when evaluating my work and new avenues of design and technology.